VOGSY provides an easy way to manage tasks.
You can create tasks, assign them to yourself or to your colleagues and associate the task to an organization, opportunity or project.
This way you can organize your work and make sure things are getting done in time. Also, tasks will give you insight into what’s happening around projects, opportunities, and organizations.
How to create tasks
There are three different ways to create tasks:
Create tasks from the task view:
Menu option ‘Tasks’ opens the task view. In this view, you have the option to create a new task.
Create tasks from an organization, opportunity or project:
Each card of the above entities has a new section: ‘Tasks’. This section shows all the tasks which are associated with the organization, opportunity or project. From this place, you can also create a new task. It will be automatically associated with the organization, opportunity or project.
Create tasks from a notification:
So, you’ve got a notification on your timeline, and you want to create a task for it to be sure there is a follow-up.
In the snooze-section of the notification, you can create a task which will be automatically associated with the organization, opportunity or project the notification relates to.
When you creating a task a form opens:
- Title: a brief description of the task which is also shown in the task list
- Description: a more detailed description of the task. This description is optional.
- Status: the current status of the task. Available statuses: ‘To do’ (default), ‘Doing’ and ‘Done’.
- Due date: When should the task be completed. VOGSY will remind the assigned user when tasks are due.
- Assign task: You can assign a task to yourself (‘Assign to me’) or to an employee. This is optional.
- Associate task: To which organization, opportunity or project is this task related. When a task is created from one of these entities, it’s automatically associated. It’s optional to associate a task.
How to manage tasks:
VOGSY helps you to manage tasks by providing instant insight into the current status of tasks. Option ‘Task’ opens a kanban view which shows the tasks grouped by status (To do, Doing, Done). Also, you can change this view so tasks are grouped by due date. Then the tasks are categorized by ‘Overdue’, ‘Today’, ‘Tomorrow & later’:
You can filter the tasks in this view. By selecting ‘My task’ you’ll see only the tasks which are assigned to you or everyone’s tasks to get a total view of all tasks.
These views are also available in the task-section for each organization, opportunity or project. In that case, only the associated tasks are displayed.
When a task is assigned to you or when tasks are due, you’ll get notified via your timeline. This way VOGSY keeps you informed and you’ll never loose track on your tasks.